Rio Lagartos + Las Coloradas
Rio Lagartos is a small fishing village located in a Protected Environmental Reserve, one of the natural jewels of the Yucatan Peninsula. Here we will enjoy a boat tour through the canals surrounded by mangroves, where you can observe species of birds such as: Pink Flamingo, Herons, Eagles, Seagulls, Pelicans and Cormorants. During the tour you will pass under the bridge of Las Coloradas to reach the salt deposits, where different bodies of water that are used for this process can be observed, some of a striking pink color. Next, you will enjoy a Mayan Bath and cover your body with clays full of nutrients. Then we will go to a virgin beach to wash off the clay in the crystalline waters. On the beach we will enjoy a fresh delicious meal. Next we will visit a spring surrounded by impressive mangroves up to 25 meters high and search for crocodiles. Then you will board the bus to the next stop, a local cattle ranch with an impressive cenote. Here will will swim and relax in this unique place before heading back to Cancun.
- Round transportation in van with A/C
- Bilingual guide
- Boat tour through the Río Lagartos Reserve (mangroves, bird watching, and crocodiles)
- Visit to Las Coloradas and Mayan Bath.
- Lunch on the beach. Ceviche, breaded fish fillet, shrimp quesadillas and sides.
- Visit and swim in Cenote.
Recommendations (What to bring?)
- Sandals or Comfortable shoes
- Change of clothes
- Reef safe sunscreen and biodegradable bug spray
- Sunglasses & Hat
- Money (Extra drinks, souvenirs and tips)
Duration: 12-14 hours
Not Included: $350 mx pesos pp tax for nature reserve, drinks not included, life vest, lockers.
Pick up: 6:15 am